If do not receive any sponsorship from your employer, family member, or the Australian state. In that case, you can apply for the Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189. The best part of this visa is to include your family members in the application. With this visa, you can stay and work in Australia as a permanent resident. Here we present a detailed guide on how you can apply for this visa.
What is Skilled Independent Visa 189?
The Skilled Independent Visa 189 is created for the people who have relevant skills according to Occupation List. you must apply for this visa immediately if you want to stay and work in any state or territory in Australia.
What Are The Different Streams Under This Visa?
Before we discuss the specific eligibility requirements and benefits of this visa.
let us discuss the two streams under it.
- New Zealand steam
- Points-tested stream
New Zealand Stream
Apply for this stream As a New Zealand citizen and have contributed for development of australia. A Apply for this stream if you have been living in Australia for the last 5 years. You must have the New Zealand Special Category Visa Subclass 444.
This particular stream of the 189 Subclass Visa lets applicants from eligible countries stay and work in any place in Australia permanently. But to apply for Points-tested Stream, you should receive the necessary invitation from the Department of Home Affairs.
In addition, you will not need to be selected by any Australian sponsor or nominator for a particular occupation. Another requirement to apply for this stream is that your age should be less than 45 years.
189 Visa Conditions And Requirements
Your application for Visa Subclass 189 will be accepted only by invitation from the relevant authority. But to receive that invitation, you should meet the following requirements.
- You should have relevant experience in the nominated occupation present on the Australian Skilled Occupation List or SOL.
- For that particular occupation, you must get your skill assessment done through relevant authority.
- You should submit an Expression of Interest. This document can be submitted inside or outside Australia.
- Your age must be between 18 and 45 during the whole application procedure.
- On the points test, you should obtain at least 65 points.
- Basic requirements, including English language proficiency, character, and health requirements, will be necessary.
If you want to check whether you have a good score to apply for the visa. You may take help from the top-rated immigration consultant in Perth.
Checklist for the Visa 189
Here we give a detailed list of all the essential documents that you will have to submit to the Immigration Department.
- Valid identity documents like your passport, driving licence, or any national identity card.
- Reference letters issued by your employer.
- Valid character certificate issued by the Department of Police.
- Valid relationship documents.
- Qualified test results of the health examinations.
- Documents that will prove your basic qualifications and skills.
- Two copies of coloured and passport-sized photographs.
- Documents that will prove your qualifications and skills relevant to the chosen occupation.
- English language documents.
- Valid skills assessment documents.
- Valid and completed 189 Visa application forms.
If the Immigration Department requires any additional document, they will ask you for it.
The 3-step application procedure of the Visa Subclass 189
Regarding the application, you should note that after you are invited by the authority to apply.
You must lodge the application within 60 days after you receive the application. This invitation letter will include all the essential information you will have to follow.
Authority grants the invitation based on the claims you have mentioned in the Expression of Interest. The information you will include in the EOI should be included in the application. You have to provide adequate evidence behind it.
The three steps are as follows.
- In the first step, you should get your necessary skill assessment done by the appropriate authority. The Department of Home Affairs can decide whether you have the required skills for the nominated occupation.
- In the second step, you have to submit the Expression of Interest. We had already mentioned that you could submit it either onshore or offshore.
- And finally, when you receive the Invitation to Apply (ITA), you can apply for the visa online. You have to wait for a specific period to get your visa approved.
Processing Time For The Visa 189
The evaluation process and the final visa decision are made based on priority. The processing time for the Visa Subclass 189 is different for two different streams. For the New Zealand Stream, 75% of the applications get processed in 14 months and 90% in 17 months. Processing time for 75% of the Points-testing Stream applications is 18 months and for for 90% is 27 months.
Read This Blog:- Top Tips For Successfully Getting Your Australian Partner Visas
What Are The Benefits Of Visa 189?
There are several benefits offered by the Visa Subclass 189 that you can enjoy.
- First of all, you can stay and work in Australia permanently.
You can also study in any Australian institute.
- You can get self-registration in Medicare.
- Applicant can also access several social security benefits.
- If you’re eligible, you can apply for Australian citizenship.
- This visa will allow multiple entries to Australia for 5 years. It means that you can travel inside and outside Australia any time you want. If you’re going to re-issue this visa then you must live in Australia for 2 years.
What If You Do Not Want To Have Australian Citizenship?
You have to apply for the Resident Return Visa before your original travel facility expires. This RRV will allow you to continue with the multiple entry benefits to Australia. You must also live for at least 2 years lawfully to become eligible for the RRV.
Why Is It Always Advisable To Consult A Professional?
189 Visa is a Skilled Migration Visa to enter Perth or anywhere in Australia. That is why we always recommend consulting the best Immigration Consultant Perth
Such a professional will help you in many ways in addition to assisting in the application. They can analyse your eligibility criteria and personal needs. They will also professionally guide you regarding the documents.