The SBCglobal email has been used in third-party email clients like Outlook as that helps the users to manage their time and energy especially, if they have more than one email account in the first place.
There are many other perks of using a third-party email client other than time and energy consumption. If you are one such user who wants to use Outlook for good. Read the blog till the end to know how to do so as today’s blog is going to be about the same.
Before you begin, let us look at some of the simple requirements that you need to fulfill before you begin with the setup of your SBCglobal email account in MS Outlook.
- To make sure that there is no interruption in the configuration process. To ensure this, you will need to have a strong and stable internet connection before you begin.
- Keep in mind that you will need to enter all of the details correctly in case you want to configure your email account in MS Outlook with relative ease. For this to happen, write down your username, email address, and password that are connected to your SBCglobal email account.
- Make sure to run your MS Outlook program in the safe windows mode. If you do not want any type of third-party apps to interfere with the configuration process.
- You should always back up the data of your account as there is a chance that you might lose the data after the process of configuration is complete.
These are some of the things that you should keep in mind before you use SBCglobal mail settings to configure it in Outlook.
Given below are the simple steps that one can use to make sure that the SBCglobal email is configured correctly in Outlook.
- Click on your Windows key and then locate yourself to the search bar to type and search for Outlook. Select the MS Outlook icon from the results that are shown, to begin with.
- Once you have launched MS Outlook. Click on the file option which is on the top-left corner of your screen to proceed further.
- As soon as the file menu opens up. You will need to click on the account settings drop-down box option from the very same file menu.
- From the drop-down menu of account settings. Click on the account settings (add and remove accounts or change existing connection setting) option out of the two options that are available in the drop-down menu.
- Now, a new tab will open up by the name of “email account settings“. Look inside it and locate yourself in the “new” tab to run the Add account setup.
- Once you have done that, a new option will pop up on the screen with the name “add new account“. You will now need to choose the “Manual setup or additional server types” option and click on the Next button from where you will further need to select the “choose service” page.
- Now, from the choose service page, you will need to click on the box that says “POP or IMAP: Connect to a POP or IMAP email account” and once you have done so, click on the Next button.
- Moving on to the POP and IMAP server settings page, you will need to enter the information that is asked of you.
- You will need to enter your full name in the user information field along with your SBCglobal email address in the given field.
- In the server information field, you will first need to choose either POP or IMAP and then you will need to enter the server settings for your email correctly for both the outgoing and incoming servers.
- Simply type out your account username and your mail password correctly in the logon information field.
- As you have entered the SBCglobal net server settings for Outlook, simply tap on the more settings option and move towards the other half of the POP and IMAP server settings page.
- You will now need to visit the Outgoing server page. Select the first two options that are available. Once you have done you will need to navigate to the advanced tab to enter the server port numbers for SBCglobal email.
- Once you have entered complete details, tap on ok to return to the previous page. Click on the option that says “test account settings” option. Once the test is complete, you are good to go. Simply click on the finish button to complete the setup of the SBCglobal email on MS Outlook.
For more info or help regarding the email settings of SBCglobal in Outlook, you may contact the Microsoft help center.