Travel and Leisure

Top Tips For Successfully Getting Your Australian Partner Visas

Each year, a large number of international applicants apply for specific partner visas to unite with their partners in Australia. Naturally, who wants to be apart from the loved one? Even if the relationship is genuine, applications are rejected by the Department of Home Affairs because of specific reasons that the applicants find challenging to clarify. To avoid such an outcome, we always recommend contacting a migration agent Perth who can professionally guide you with all their experience.

What Are The Reasons Behind The Rejection Of An Australian Partner Visa?

There can be several reasons behind an Australian Partner Visa rejection, and we list them here.

    1. Inability to give adequate evidence about the relationship like social or financial proof, and defining the nature of relationship commitment and household
    2. Incorrect file format
    3. Submission of false information in the interview
    4. Inability to pass the character test, and
    5. Improper details about the children included in the application.
  1. Thus, you need to submit the correct information in the application form and attach proper documents. In the next section, we discuss some valuable tips that may help you at the time of application.

Tips For Successful Visa Application

Six important tips are discussed here. While applying, you should keep them in mind.

You Must First Check The Visa Category In Which You Are Eligible

Is your partner an Australian citizen or an Australian PR? Then, you will be eligible to apply for this visa. There are different types of partner visas in Australia, available both onshore and offshore.

1. Subclass 820 and 801 Visas:

Partner Visa Subclass 820 is an onshore visa that permits the partner or spouse of an Australian PR or a citizen or an eligible citizen of New Zealand to come and stay with their partner in Australia. This visa will let you live in the country for two years, a temporary visa. If you want to live indefinitely in Australia, you can apply for the Partner Visa Subclass 801, also an onshore visa.
2. Provisional Subclass 309 Visa and Migrant 100 Visa:

These two are offshore visas, of which the first one is temporary, and the latter one is permanent. Partner Visa Subclass 309 will also allow you to live in Australia for two years. During that period, you can apply for the Permanent Partner Visa 100.
3. Prospective Marriage Visa 300:

If you are engaged to an Australian citizen, PR, or an eligible citizen from New Zealand, you can get the Prospective Marriage Visa Subclass 300. It will allow you to stay here for 9 months.

You Should Prepare All The Documents And Your Application

For a successful visa application, you must provide accurate details, including passport copies, identity documents, sponsorships, relationships, and health and character documents.

1. Partner Visa (Subclass 820 and 801): For these two visas, you can include your dependent family members and dependent children or stepchildren in the visa application. As per rules, they will enjoy the same benefits and conditions.
2. Subclass 309 Provisional and Subclass 100 Migrant: You can also include your dependent children or stepchildren and family members for these two visas. You can add the members either at the time of application or after lodging the application.
3. Prospective Marriage Visa Subclass 300: In Subclass 300 Prospective Marriage Visa application too, you can include your stepchildren or dependent children, and they can enjoy all the benefits and rights as you can.

You Should Meet The Eligibility Criteria

First of all, both the visa applicant and the sponsor should have turned 18. The sponsorship should be available for at least 2 years. Here we give some useful details about different partner visas.

1. Subclass 820 Partner Visa:

A person can live in Australia temporarily with this visa. Their spouse or de facto partner should be an Australian permanent resident or citizen or an eligible citizen from New Zealand. This visa serves as the stepping stone for acquiring a permanent Partner Visa (Visa 801). At the time of application, you have to be physically present in Australia.

2. Subclass 801 Partner Visa:
It is a permanent visa that allows a person to live in Australia permanently with their spouse or a de facto partner who is an Australian PR or an Australian citizen or has eligible citizenship of New Zealand. The DHA will approve this visa if you have held the 820 Visa previously.

3. Prospective Marriage Visa 300:
If you are the applicant, your age should be 18 years. In addition, you have to be outside Australia at the time of application and at the time of decision. You must satisfy all the relationship criteria, necessary character, and health requirements and get sponsorship from your fiance. And, if you have any debts to the Australian government, you should have paid it or have arranged for payment. Holding a visa is not mandatory for the sponsoring fiance.

You Can Communicate With The Case Officer And The Department Of Home Affairs

After evaluating your application, the Immigration Department may ask you for further documents or evidence based on your profile. You can view such requests on your official account and get notifications via your email from the case officer. Whenever you get such a request, the response should be submitted within 28 days. The Immigration Department may sometimes ask you to appear for an interview. The case officer may also want to verify the claims with the witnesses whose names are included in the application.

1. You should not provide false or misleading information: Submitting incorrect information will inevitably result in visa rejection. So, you should not even think of doing that. You should be honest in giving necessary details about your relationships, such as the dates you first met, when you officially became partners, when you started living together, etc.

2. You should cross-check facts: Before proceeding with the final submission, you should cross-examine the facts correctly.

Visa processing time

Visa processing time is different for different visa types.

1. Partner (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 100): 75% of applications get processed in 18 months, while for 90% of applications, it takes about 22 months.
2. Prospective Marriage Visa (Subclass 300): 75% of applications get processed in 18 months, while for 90% of applications, it takes about 28 months.
3. Partner Visa (Subclass 309): 75% of applications get processed in 18 months, while for 90% of applications, it takes about 24 months.

Get help from a registered migration agent

If you want to avoid visa refusal due to wrong information or misleading documents, you should consult a registered migration agent from Perth. They can help you by cross-checking the application and give you the perfect professional guidance according to the specifications.

Final Words

You should first understand the eligibility requirements and how the application gets processed for the different partner visas. For specific help about the application procedure, you should not hesitate to seek help from a qualified immigration agent from Perth.

You Might Like: Australia Internet Users Statistics 2021- Internet Live Stats

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button