Infertility is a disease that affects the ability of a woman to get pregnant. She may not be able to give birth to a child or become limited in some way. Increase your chances of fertility and treat all your maternity-related issues at Bloom Hospital. It specializes in pediatric and maternity care. For many couples, this issue is usually identified after a year or after they try to get pregnant.
At least one-third of the cause of infertility is due to medical issues in males. Another one-third cause of infertility is still unknown. This is because there are lots of complications and a combination of issues. When the cause of infertility is found in females, it is called female factor infertility.
Infertility is a common disease especially after the change in today’s scenario. At least 10% of women are affected by the disease of infertility of some kind. Moreover, the chances of infertility increase with age.
Common factors causing female infertility
There are many possible causes of female infertility. Get yourself treated at Bloom Hospital and diagnose yourself with the best-experienced doctors.
It is still difficult to know the exact cause of female infertility. Many couples go unexplained or suffer multifactorial infertility. Some possible causes of female infertility are:
- Problems with the uterus: There can be the formation of polyps, fibroids, or septums inside the cavity of the uterus. In some cases, abnormalities may take place while having the birth of the child. In such cases, doctors recommends dilation and curettage surgeries.
- Problems with the fallopian tubes: Female infertility takes place when tubal factors are there. It is also called pelvic inflammatory disease.
- Problems with ovulation: There could be many reasons why a woman may not ovulate regularly. This could be because of hormonal imbalance, substance abuse, thyroid conditions, severe stress, or pituitary tumor. Such conditions greatly affect ovulation in females.
- Problems with egg number and quality: Women are born with eggs. But, the supply of eggs will run out once they reach the stage of menopause. In addition, there can be a condition where the wrong number of chromosome formation takes place. It thereby cannot fertilize the egg with male’s sperms or doesn’t grow into a healthy child. Other similar conditions may persist if the woman gets older.
Factors contributing to Female Infertility
Many factors contribute to female infertility. These factors further increase the risk of not having a biological baby. There can be general health conditions or anything related to genetic issues. However, some specific factors which contribute to female infertility are:
- Hormone issues preventing ovulation
- Age factor contributing to menopause
- Having low body fat
- Underweight or overweight
- Cyst formation
- Having an issue like tumor formation
- Habits like smoking and taking drugs that further hinder the normal biological process
- A past tubal pregnancy
- A structural problem like issues with the fallopian tube, uterus, or ovaries
- Sexually transmitted infections
- Uterine Fibroids
- Heavy drinking or excessive use of any substance
What is the impact of age on female infertility?
As the woman ages, the chances of becoming pregnant starts decreasing. Age becomes the most common factor in the cause of female infertility. This is because today many couples wait till their 30s or 40s to become parents. And till then there comes the stage of menopause in women. However, menopause takes place at the age of 50. But seeing today’s pollutive environment and various other factors, it is likely to strive earlier. This further causes women to develop certain hormonal imbalances that decrease the chances of getting pregnant. Moreover, women over the age of 35 are at a higher risk of getting infertility issues. There are many other reasons like:
- The overall number of eggs becomes low
- Eggs start having an abnormal number of chromosomes
- Increased risk of health conditions
Once your healthcare provider diagnoses female infertility, there comes several treatment options. Moreover, the cause of treatment guides the type of treatment. For example, structural problems in females can be treated through surgery while hormonal issues can be handled through medication. Many patients may have artificial insemination or in vitro fertilization. Adoption and gestational surrogacy are other options to have a biological baby.
Bloom Hospital, Hyderabad is known for the best fertility treatments for women. It has attained its expertise in treating men and women with infertility. It provides quality services to all its customers or patients. Bloom hospital is an expert with the latest technology to cater solutions to patients’ problems. They have created an organization leading in the industry.