In 2012, Intuit released the QuickBooks File Doctor. Since then, QuickBooks users everywhere have relied on it when the software corrupts, and they need to resolve network and company file issues. This tool provides rapid responses to these two problems. What’s great about it is that not only seasoned users of the QuickBooks accounting software but newcomers can too employ the tool efficiently. It’s because it is defined by its easy-to-use interface. Due to its growing popularity, Intuit decided to incorporate the QuickBooks File Doctor with QuickBooks 2016 and the versions after it. You need to download and use the tool to effectively utilize it correctly. In this article, you’ll find how to use this tool.
What Is QuickBooks File Doctor?
The QuickBooks File Doctor Tool is a file repairing tool that you can use to fix errors that you encounter while working on the accounting software. To update your software to the recent or latest version, you just need to move to the QB File Doctor download page on the official Intuit website. The tool is compatible with QB Desktop versions for Windows. It works only for US and UK QB versions.
Which Errors Can You Resolve through the QuickBooks File Doctor
You can resolve several error messages with this tool. These errors are listed down for you.
- Resolve the 6000 series errors like 6000-83, 6000-301, 6150, and the like.
- Resolve errors associated with the Multi-user mode, like the series Hxox errors. These include errors like H505, H303, H202, etc.
- You can also resolve the net connectivity problems while operating QB because of file damage or inconsistent settings.
- Resolve any damage in the company files up to a certain level through the File Doctor.
- If you cannot open a company file due to file or component damage, use the File Doctor Tool.
Steps to Download and Install the QFD Tool
It’s easy to download the QuickBooks File Doctor tool. All that’s needed on your part is to navigate to Intuit’s website. You can download this tool from the ‘Tools’ section. At present, the File Doctor comes with QuickBooks Tool Hub. In case you have already downloaded the tool on your system, there’s no need to download it again. It may also be that the tool came with a QuickBooks installer package. In this case, too, there’s no need to download it. To install the File Doctor, follow these steps.
- Firstly, Sign in to your system as an administrator.
- Double-tap on the installer file that’s named as ‘Qbfd.exe.’
- Let the software get installed by tapping the ‘Run’ button.
- Adhere to the instructions on the screen for finishing the installation.
- Tap’ Finish‘ to conclude the installation procedure.
- Launch the tool and when prompted to sign in, input your QB login credentials.
- Choose one of the options when prompted to select between a ‘Workstation‘ or ‘Host PC.’
- Now, you can start using the QB File Doctor tool for fixing any errors that may arise on your software.
How to Repair Company File Using QuickBooks File Doctor?
After you download QuickBooks File Doctor and install it on your system, you can use it to start repairing the QB company file. Follow these detailed instructions to fix the QuickBooks company file with it.
- Navigate to the ‘Start‘ menu of your system to locate and launch the application.
- When the application opens, manually browse to locate the company file.
- Tap on the option to choose ‘Check file damage only.’
- Tap on the option of ‘Diagnose File‘ to start the process of repair.
- In the subsequent step, you’ll need to give the admin password. You may be prompted about upgrading your file. It’s optional, and you can avoid it if you want.
- Tap ‘Next‘ for the tool to begin the file repair.
- After the repair process finishes, you can use your files.
How to Use the In-Built and Stand-Alone Version of QuickBooks File Doctor (QBFD)?
You can use both these versions of QBFD by following specific steps. The stepwise instructions for using this tool’s in-built and stand-alone versions are mentioned below.
To use the in-built version of QBFD, open your QuickBooks Desktop. Don’t launch the company file.
- Click ‘File‘ present on the upper pane and tap on ‘Utilities.’
- You’ll find a tab with the name ‘Repair file and Network problems.’ Tap it.
- Browse the problematic company file and click ‘Show Advanced Settings.’
- You’ll notice a list of errors. Select the most relevant one.
Install the recent update of QBFD. Navigate to the Intuit site and download this tool. Then follow these steps.
- Run the tool on your system.
- After that, open it and execute the installation process. To correctly carry out the installation, follow the steps on your screen.
- After the tool gets installed, go to the ‘Windows Taskbar.’
- Press the button of ‘Browse‘ and find the corrupted company file.
- You will notice some options. Consider the first one if there are problems in the QB file and select the second one if you are facing a network problem.
- Input your login credentials and hit ‘Next.’
- Now select anyone from ‘Workstation and Server‘ according to your needs.
- Click ‘Yes‘ if you are running QB server and ‘No‘ if you aren’t.
- The repair process will commence, and it will resolve the error.
- After that, close the tool.
Steps to Take When the QuickBooks File Doctor Does Not Work
Although QBFD is great at rectifying company file issues, it sometimes may stop working. You can resolve this problem by manually opening the tool in such a scenario. Follow these steps below for this process.
- Launch the ‘QuickBooks File Doctor.’
- Wait for some time till you view the window of ‘No Company Open.’
- Navigate toward ‘Files.’ Select ‘Utilities.’
- Click the ‘Repair File‘ and ‘Network Problems’ tab.
- Click ‘OK‘ followed by ‘Yes.’
- When you see the wrench icon, tap ‘Continue.’
- Give the needed credentials and attempt to log in to the file.
- Now, launch the application.
- Choose ‘Advanced Settings’ followed by ‘File Diagnosis Only.’
- Select ‘Next‘, and when you view a prompt, access the file.
This article would have enlightened you on all the essential aspects of the QB File Doctor tool. You can now start employing this tool and fix standard network and company file issues. However, if you still get any doubts regarding the tool and its usage, feel free to dial the QuickBooks customer service phone number. The experts are there to assist you with all QB problems at all times.
Source URL – http://quickbookserrorsolution.thezenweb.com/What-is-QuickBooks-File-Doctor-QFD-and-How-to-Use-it–42999280